Prof. I. M. Pandey
Professor I. M. Pandey is considered one of the most prominent figures in the field of Financial Management. He has worked at several prestigious universities including Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, India; University of Delhi, India; Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand; Kansas University, USA; University Science Malaysia; University of Birmingham, UK; ESSEX, France; ESCP-Europe; and many others Universities.
Education: B Com (Hons) & M Com and Ph.D. in Finance from the University of Delhi (Thesis Topic: Capital Structure and Cost of Capital)
- Director General of Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (IP University affiliated) and Delhi School of Business (AICTE approved; NBA & AIU accredited). (August 1, 2014 - September 30, 2020)
- Professor, Dean and Acting Director at Indian Institute Management Ahmedabad for about 25 years where also served as Chairman of Doctoral Programme and Chairman of Finance & Accounting Area. (December 8, 1980 - November 30, 2005).
- Professor and Dean, School of Management (December 1, 2005- December 31, 2007) Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand.
- Acting President, Vice President and Chair Professor (December 13, 2012 - April 30, 2013), Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand.
- Research Professor, Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (June 23, 2013 - July 31, 2014).
- Dean, Faculty of Business and HOD and Professor, Department of Financial Studies, University of Delhi (March 12, 2009 - December 12, 2012).
- Visiting professor at Kansas University, USA; University Science Malaysia; University of Birmingham, UK; ESSEX France; ESCP- Europe and many others Universities.
Research and Publications:
Research areas include strategic corporate finance, corporate governance, venture capital and emerging capital markets. Publications include 10 books, six research monographs, and about 100 articles and management cases. His articles are published in international refereed journals.
Consulting & Executive & In-company
Development Programmes: Companies include HUL; NTPS; BHEL; Brown Boweri; Torrent; Indian Oil; State Bank of India; Bank of Baroda; Panjab & Sindh Bank; ABB; NLC India; NHPC etc.
Member Company Boards:
Member on the Boards of Directors of Indorama Polymer Limited, Thailand; Industrial Finance Corporation of India; Cochin Shipyard Company; IDBI-Principal Mutual Fund; Ahmedabad Stock Exchange; Gujarat Chemicals,; Hindustan Petroleum Company (HPCL); IDBI’s Western Region Advisory Board. Governing Body Member: Member governing boards of Shriram College of Commerce, Shyam Lal College and Ambedkar College (all colleges affiliated to University of Delhi).
Committee Member: National Advisory Committee of Accounting Standards (NACAS) Controller of Capital Issues Advisory Committee; ICAI’s Sustainability Reporting Standard Board.
Editorial Boards of Journals:
Editor of the IIM Ahmedabad journal, Vikalpa: Journal for Decision Makers and has been on the editorial advisory boards of several international journals including Global Business and Finance Review, Afro Asia Journal of Finance & Accounting, AMA Journal of Accounting & Finance, International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance.
Day 2 Day 2
Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Jaffna – Sri Lanka